We gratefully acknowledge that our studio is located on the unceded territories of the Lekwungen peoples,
also known as the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations Communities.
WE’RE HIRING – STUDIO MANAGER
Yoga Lab Westshore is accepting applications for a Studio Manager to collaboratively work with our Director of Operations to oversee the wellbeing of our business. Our Studio Manager is responsible for all the day-to-day needs of the business and has a love for supporting teachers, ambassadors and students. Our ideal candidate is a person who is looking for a long term role, loves to be organized and strives to be dependable.
WANT TO APPLY? Send to firstname.lastname@example.org, your resume and cover letter and an answer to the following question: If you had to organize every one of our students, teachers and ambassadors in a giant game of tag, what would your process look like?
Details of the Position:
$18-20/hr depending on experience
Shift is 9:00 – 5:00 PM, Monday to Friday
2 weeks holidays after successful completion of first year
Unlimited yoga classes
1 loved one yoga pass/month
$100 trade money
30% off Yoga Lab Retail (excluding food/beverages)
30% off workshops
MORE ABOUT THE POSITION
- Relationship building skills
- Healthy understanding of boundaries
- Doesn’t get caught up in the feeling of urgency
- Use of software programs (including Mind Body, Constant Contact and Google Drive)
- Comfortable providing feedback and using critical thought processes to develop more effective processes
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Thrives in working as part of a team
- Is passionate about yoga & mindful fitness
- Has an innate ability to juggle many roles, and can prioritize and change tasks as required
- Provide friendly service to our students (engage, be present, offer support)
- Educate students on the benefits of Yoga
- Communicate our philosophy & values
- Help foster a positive culture that is based on learning and growing together
- Manage student concerns and redirect to the Darci when necessary
- Take ownership over the front desk organization and dissemination of information
- Support Teachers during sign-in if super busy or they need to step away from the desk
- Support students with purchasing passes & memberships
- Input sales data into spreadsheet and review on a monthly basis with Director
- Stay connected with new students (intro-pass), inquiring about their experience, goals, and exploring membership options
- Support students with retail purchases
- Manage all membership suspensions & complete contracts as necessary
- Share about upcoming events with students
- Balance float & Mind Body
- Respond to emails, voice messages and incoming calls
- Oversee the ambassador responsible for responding to support@ emails
- Follow up on contact logs
- Oversee all retreat details leading up to, and post retreats. In instances where the local retreat is sold out, your attendance is free of charge in exchange for approximately 10 hours of work during the course of the weekend.
Oversee Ambassador Program
- Oversee Recruiter and Coordinator to make sure their needs are met in role
- As required, terminate or hire new Recruiter or Coordinator with the support of Darci
- Coordinate semesterly meeting with Recruiter and Coordinator to address issues and potential changes.
- Work with Darci to determine necessary changes and disseminate the changes as required
- Update YLW Ambassador Resource Program as required
- Ensure the ambassadors are supported on shift, and complete their roles should there be no ambassador.
- Support the Recruiter in any training that needs to be done within the studio.
- Hire, train and provide tasks to front desk ambassadors, they are there to support you.
- Provide opportunities for feedback so that we are always growing
- Ensure policies are being adhered to
- Organize Annual Ambassador Appreciation Party
Support Massage Therapy
- Support the massage therapist to ensure in-take sheets are available
- Work with the Director to update systems as required.
- Support the massage therapist to ensure ambassadors are taking care of the cleanliness of the room and assist in setting up availability in MindBody.
- Help with completing sales and rescheduling each client after their massage.
Support Retail Program
- Receive purchased orders, stock shelves and count inventory as necessary
- Communicate retail sales tips to staff/teachers/ambassadors via video and imagery on the Internal Communications Board
- Take pictures and submit them to our social media expert for posting
- Review min/max stock numbers and advise on what needs restocking and how much.
- Social Media:
- Support Social Media team by hearing recommendations and tips and adding stories to our instagram account
- Uploading information to facebook events
- Website/Mind Body:
- Update Website/Mind Body with events from core content
- Update with team bios each semester
- Input schedule each semester
- Receive campaigns and work within the studio to support their success.
- Flash Sales:
- Help with the creation of the promotional newsletter that goes out once a month.
- Take information in core content and help amplify it by editing as necessary
- Take information in core content document and plug it into the newsletter and sending it out accordingly
- Accountable for overseeing the maintenance & cleanliness of our facility
- Organize and facilitate all repairs
- Order studio supplies on a weekly basis as needed
- Coordinate with ambassadors to pick up supplies where possible
- Ensure all receipts are accounted for and keep purchases within our budget
- Complete monthly Visa Rec by the 5th of each month
- Clean or tidy between classes when Ambassadors are absent
- Ensure supply room is optimally functional & tidy
- Manage the deep clean system & monitor (1/week)
- Provide on-call coverage for emergency repair/facility support when our Director of Operations is on vacation/scheduled time off
- Manage studio room rentals
- Co-facilitate teacher orientations by teaching them about the studio, ambassador roles, and where to find things at the front desk.
- Make sure reduced class schedules have been posted in bathrooms, front desk and front door for each holiday.
- Cycle posters in and out in their approved locations around the studio
Support the Studio Director
- Meet with the Studio Director(s) to address projects, semester calendars and plan times accordingly.
- Support the director by switching gears as necessary to address immediate daily needs.